We want to make sure your visit is enjoyable as possible
Please read the terms and conditions carefully before booking your visit.
General Visit Tickets
All tickets purchased online, in person or by telephone are non-refundable. It is your responsibility to ensure that the correct type and number or tickets are purchased.
Booking a time slot ensures that we don’t go over the maximum capacity of our building.
To confirm entry in advance, it’s better if you pre-purchase your tickets online before the respective date. Tickets can be bought on the day at the Museum, but this will be subject to availability.
If you are booking for any group over 14 visitors, you should complete the Group Booking Form found in the booking section of the website.
Group bookings will be required to pay a 10% non-refundable deposit once the booking has been accepted before it can be confirmed.
Changes to Your Booking
You may alter the date and time of your booking up to 24 hours in advance. The change of your booking is subject to availability and must be for the same type of ticket originally purchased within two months of the original booking date. Transfers cannot be used to book special events. A special event includes any event that isn’t the standard museum entry price.
We will always do our best not to cancel any events or close the museum unnecessarily but in some exceptional circumstances like government restrictions, maintenance/repairs or adverse weather we may have to close. In this case we will
- Contact you as soon as possible, with the details given when you made at the point of booking.
- Provide an alternative date to re-book or provide a refund if no alternative date is available.
- We are not liable for any additional costs (for example accommodation and travel costs) and will not reimburse such costs.
- If the correct contact details are not provided or we are unable to get in contact with you, we cannot offer a refund or rebook your ticket.
By the Visitor:
Pre-booked tickets are non-refundable. If you need to cancel your visit, please contact us as soon as possible, we may be able to transfer your ticket subject to availability.
Arrival / Late Arrival
We ask you to arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your entry time. We reserve the right to refuse entry to any visitors arriving after their ticket time slot has closed.
General Visit No-shows
If you do not arrive for your allocated ticket time slot, you will not be refunded. Transfer to a later time slot will be subject to availability.
Special Event No-Shows
If you do not arrive for an event, you will not be refunded. Special event tickets are non-transferrable.
We retain absolute discretion as to whether refunds will be given.
This includes seniors, students and blue light card holders. You must bring evidence of your eligibility for presentation at the admission desk. We reserve the right to deny entry or charge the full standard admission fee, if you cannot provide evidence.
Anyone aged 15 or below must be accompanied by an adult (16+).
Vouchers and Coupons
Any vouchers or coupons cannot be used for special events or on Bank Holidays.
Conditions of Entry
- All visitors must have a valid ticket.
- Anyone aged 15 or below must be accompanied by an adult (16+).
- Photography is permitted for personal use only, no professional photography, audio or visual recording is allowed without prior written permission. If you wish to make a photography request, please complete the Contact Us section of the website.
- No dogs are allowed in the museum with the exception of service dogs.
- No smoking or use of e-cigarettes is permitted anywhere in the museum.
Refusal of Entry
The West Midlands Police Museum reserves the right to refuse entry or remove any person who:
- Is suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Does not respect the historical nature of the building.
- Behaves in a way which is disruptive to the enjoyment of other visitors.
- Behaves in a way which compromises the safety of other visitors, volunteers or staff.
- Uses verbal or physical threats or insults toward any visitors, members of staff or volunteers.
In these instances, refunds will not be issued.